Specialization in Process and Quality Management (Face to face Methodology)
Specialization in Process and Quality Management (Face to face Methodology)
- How do we do it?
- Study plan
“For increasing corporate efficiency, focused on planning production, administrative and quality continuous improvement processes”
This Specialization aims to develop behavioral, functional and holistic competencies, thus giving rise to problem improvement, analysis and solving in terms of process and quality management by means of applying world-class standards in all types of organizations.
This academic program takes one year to be completed, and not only grants the degree as specialist, but also certifies up to 40 hours of training as quality auditor under ICONTEC standards.
The academic study unit granting the certification as quality auditor is called ‘Quality Audit Management.’ In this study unit, students learn about ISO 9001 international quality standards, and about ISO 19011 international audit standards. In addition, they are able to use all the academic material prepared by ICONTEC for this study unit.
On the other hand, students have the possibility of being granted a second specialization degree upon completion of an additional academic semester.
Director of Processes Department
SNIES: 15847 Res. No. 17065 issued by the Ministry of Education - 27/12/12, in effect until 27/12/19. Place of application: Bogotá D.C., Cundinamarca, Colombia, South America.
Academic program taught in Spanish.
Leadthe implementation of quality and innovation management models insideorganizations.
- Know and understand quality management models under a cultural concept –above certification.
- Interpret and apply ISO 9001 standards issued by ICONTEC.
- Audit quality systems.
- Identify and design skills addressed to the staff involved in the implementation of quality models.
- Contextualize quality management inside companies.
Identifysuccess factors subject to be monitored by means of management indicatorsinside the company, functional areas and process areas.
- Know management and improvement process trends.
- Know the importance of the management approach per process and its impact on the organizational culture.
- Structure organizations by means of management processes.
Developsustainable business opportunities, and lead projects generating economic andsocial value.
- Analyze and understand the complexity of organizations and the environment with the purpose of making strategic decisions based on objective evidence and results aimed to position the business.
- Actively seek project and business opportunities generating social and organizational impact, carried out with high achievement, innovation, vision, autonomy and context sensitivity orientation.
- Studentsare certified by ICONTEC as ISO 9001 Quality Internal Auditors.
- Methodology based on business cases and active teaching methods integrating theory and current business reality.
- Broad portfolio of elective study units in this area of specialization or in other areas of the organization aimed to improve business knowledge.
- Academic staff with business-oriented training and with professional experience in the area of this specialization program.
- General access from everywhere to specialized booklists and national and international databases.
- The self-learning process is supported by virtual classrooms facilitating independent research work.
- The academic schedule does not interfere with the business performance of students.
- Standardization of academic credits in order to study other postgraduate programs included in the portfolio of Universidad EAN.
- By developing entrepreneurship as the hallmark of Universidad EAN.
- Through a student-focused learning method aimed to develop the skills enough for learning to learn.
- With an academic training model combining autonomous work and face-to-face sessions without interfering with the work schedule of students.
- With a curriculum comprised by:
- Four core study units representing the essence of this specialization.
- Two management or cross-curricular study units, included in every academic program of Universidad EAN.
- Two elective study units.
- One research seminar.
- With a system based on academic credits that allows students to plan the time of commitment each study unit requires.
Management Study Units (8 Credits)
- Strategic Thinking and Global Management (3 Credits)
This study unit aims at developing complex thinking competencies that allow students to understand organizations and the environment on a holistic basis. Students will achieve this by using analytical models transforming isolated data into valuable information to make strategic decisions based on results and objective evidence that contribute to business growth and positioning.
- Business Development and Initiative (3 Credits)
This study unit is designed for students to develop their potential business competencies by working in the identification and management of business opportunities to create successful productive units and/or develop business projects. Students will also know general aspects to develop business plans and address their professional profile to start up their own business taking into account management and market trends necessary for building competitive business models.
- Research Seminar (2 Credits)
This study unit is designed for students to develop research competencies that allow them to use their knowledge and competencies developed during the specialization program.
Core Study Units (12 Credits)
- Quality Models and Context (3 Credits)
- Capitalizethe effects of economic and quality related developments to lead your ownbusiness towards total quality.
- Developmanagerial skills to improve quality in any organization.
- Adopt theconcept of quality in your daily work (family, academic, business fields)and become a multiplier of a “genuine quality culture.”
- Diagnoseorganizations through management excellence models (quality awards).
- Managethe implementation of quality systems in your organization.
- Applyinternational standards on quality assurance, particularly ISO 9001 issuedby ICONTEC.
- Learnmodern tools of continuous improvement such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Applyquality tools and methods.
- Management Assessment and Indicators (3 Credits)
- Developsolid skills to identify, design, and implement performance indicators asa process monitoring and control tool.
- Establishaction guidelines arising from the behavior of indicators.
- Designindicators associated with key factors and structure them as an earlywarning system.
- Assessthe behavior of indicators and design action alternatives to achievebusiness goals.
- Diagnosemanagement indicator systems inside organizations.
- Management per Process (3 Credits)
- Structureprocesses based on strategic plans and business strategies.
- Improvequality of products and services in your company by developing astructure towards management per process.
- Developprocesses in your company based on customer requirements.
- Applymeasurement tools, and improve effectiveness and efficiency in allprocesses.
- Becomefamiliar with the relationship between organizations per processes andquality assurance.
- Implementmethodologies to determine, analyze, and improve organizational processes.
- Make yourorganization more competitive by comprehensively managing its processesand making improvement efforts profitable.
- Quality Audit Management (3 Credits)
- Applyquality-related international auditing standards in organizations.
- Assess qualitymanagement systems on a systematic and process-oriented basis.
- Plan,execute, and monitor quality audit processes according to ISO 9001 issuedby ICONTEC.
- Detectand issue non-compliance reports, and prepare documents and audit reports.
- Becomefamiliar with and apply modern techniques on quality audit.
Elective Study Units (6 Credits)
Accordingto their own interests and expectations, students can select two elective studyunits included in the portfolio of specialization programs from the School of Engineeringof Universidad EAN.
NOTE: The opening of elective study units is subject to a minimum number of students.Universidad EAN reserves the right to suspend or postpone the beginning of anyprogram, depending on the reception of the stakeholders called. It alsoreserves the right to modify the curriculum, the methodological approach, andthe academic staff.
Note: Students have to be able to understand learning material and readings available in languages other than Spanish as they may be used to address and complement the activities carried out during the academic process.