Accredited In High-Quality by the Colombian Ministry of Education.
Res. nº. 29499 12/29/17 effective until 12/28/21.
Occupational Safety and Health Specialization
Develop the necessary skills to strategically modify safety and health in the working place through methodologies and management models that promote an internal organizational culture of value.
What does a graduate of Occupational Safety and Health Specialization do?
- Lead and manage organizations in the Colombian System of Labor and Health Risks, with ethical criteria and financial sustainability.
- Recognize Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) management models, such as the OSHAS 18000 standard, the ILO OSH 2001 model, and the integrated HSEQ management model, among others.
- Generate epidemiological and management indicators that describe the relationship between the health-disease processes and the work of companies in the country.
- Implement actions in the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) sector for companies and the working population of the country.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge through applied research, for a better understanding of the complex problems of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Develop sustainable business opportunities and lead projects that create economic and social value.
What are the working areas of a graduate of Occupational Safety and Health Specialization?
- Occupational Safety and Health Risks System.
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
We have the best professional team to train, support and advise you on entrepreneurship issues.
Our program Ean Impacta was highlighted by the organization UBI Global during the World Incubation Summit 2018 (WIS).
We offer 15 research laboratories of cutting edge technology, where important projects for the domestic industries have been developed.
We broke the traditional ground of higher education, and today we teach by a practical, effective and motivating way, on a challenge-based learning.
All our students take courses related to the process of creation and consolidation of companies and sustainable business models.
*The tuition fee of the whole program depends on the number of academic credits enrolled by the student.
Academic credit fee is subject to annual increases determined by Universidad Ean and authorized by the Colombian Ministry of Education – MEN (by its initials in Spanish).
Occupational Safety and Health Specialist.
SNIES code (National Higher Education Information System): 103012, Res. nº. 161 of the Colombian Ministry of Education - 01/3/14, effective until 01/3/21. City: Bogotá D.C., Cundinamarca, Colombia, South America.
First Semester 12 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Relationship between Health - environment - work, an eco-systemic approach 3
- Legal framework and occupational risk system 3
- Analysis and management of working conditions I 3
- Cross-Disciplinary Courses
- Strategic thinking and global management 3
Second Semester 14 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Analysis and management of working conditions II 3
- Occupational epidemiological surveillance 3
- Cross-Disciplinary Courses
- Initiative and sustainable entrepreneurship 3
- Degree Requirement Courses
- Research Seminar 2
- Elective Courses
- Elective I 3
Note: The program's opening is subject to a minimum number of students. Universidad Ean reserves the right to suspend or postpone the beginning of any program, depending on the response obtained from those interested in the call. Likewise, it reserves the right to make any change in the curriculum, methodological approach and faculty members.
The courses are going to be taught mostly in Spanish. Nevertheless, the academic activities may incorporate lectures and content in other languages. Therefore, it will be the student responsibility to achieve a whole understanding of them.
Universidad del Tolima: (National Higher Education Information System) 1207 | Ordinance nº. 005, Departmental Assembly of Tolima – 05/21/45 | Authorized by the Colombian Ministry of Education (Mineducación in Spanish.)
SNIES (National Higher Education Information System): 104302, Res. nº. 3265 of the Colombian Ministry of Education (Mineducación in Spanish.) - 3/13/15, effective until 3/13/22. City: Ibagué, Tolima, Colombia, South America.