PhD in Project Management
A Project Management Doctor from Universidad Ean has the required skills to create innovative and appropriate changes in the planning, formulation and management of a project. Furthermore, this kind of doctor is capable to boost organizations and productive industries.
Why should you study the PhD in Project Management?
You can choose among several options to go on exchanges and get double degrees, as well as having international academic experiences. Universidad Ean has alliances with about 80 universities in Colombia and abroad.
What does a Project Management Doctor do?
- Manage projects in a global and competitive context.
- Address problems in project management process.
- Lead researches oriented to process improvement in projects.
- Develop models, techniques and tools for risk and financial management, in order to ensure the efficacy and efficiency of projects.
- Promote international networks in the project field, focusing on value creation and applied knowledge.
- Develop sustainable business opportunities and lead projects that generate economic and social value, through information analysis.
What are the working areas of a Project Management Doctor?
- Project management.
- Top-level management.
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
*The tuition fee of the whole program depends on the number of academic credits enrolled by the student.
Academic credit fee is subject to annual increases determined by Universidad Ean and authorized by the Colombian Ministry of Education – MEN (by its initials in Spanish).
Project Management Doctor.
SNIES code: 102777, Res. nº. 11967 of the Colombian Ministry of Education - 09/06/13, effective until 09/06/20. City: Bogotá D.C., Cundinamarca, Colombia, South America.
First Year 24 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Project Theory 3 credit hours
- Team Management within Projects 3 credit hours
- Research Methodology 6 credit hours
- Thesis Proposal 3 credit hours
- Statistical Modelling Application 3 credit hours
- Cross-Disciplinary Courses
- Strategic Thinking and Global Management 3 credit hours
- Initiative and Sustainable Entrepreneurship 3 credit hours
Second Year 26 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Performance Measurement Systems within Projects 3 credit hours
- Management Models, Methodologies and Systems in Project Management 3 credit hours
- Project Management Application within the Enterprise 3 credit hours
- Elective Courses
- Elective I 3 credit hours
- Elective II 3 credit hours
- Elective III 3 credit hours
- Advanced Seminar I 4 credit hours
- Advanced Seminar II 4 credit hours
Third Year 30 credit hours
- Degree Requirement Courses
- Dissertation I 10 credit hours
- Dissertation II 20 credit hours
Note: The program's opening is subject to a minimum number of students. Universidad Ean reserves the right to suspend or postpone the beginning of any program, depending on the response obtained from those interested in the call. Likewise, it reserves the right to make any change in the curriculum, methodological approach and faculty members.
The courses are going to be taught mostly in Spanish. Nevertheless, the academic activities may incorporate lectures and content in other languages. Therefore, it will be the student responsibility to achieve a whole understanding of them.