PhD in Process Engineering
A Process Engineering Doctor from Universidad Ean has the required skills to optimize processes, boost competitiveness and promote technological, social, economic and environmental development in any organization.
Why should you study the PhD in Process Engineering?
You can choose among several options to go on exchanges and get double degrees, as well as having international academic experiences. Universidad Ean has alliances with about 80 universities in Colombia and abroad.
What does a Process Engineering Doctor do?
- Generate innovative knowledge in order to solve engineering problems, according to current social, economic and environmental demands.
- Lead change and productive transformation processes.
- Lead research processes, oriented towards the engineering advancement and the organizational dynamics improvement.
- Develop methodologies, aimed at strengthening engineering processes in the industry.
- Design and adapt systems, components and processes, in order to meet needs within a specific context.
What are the working areas of a Process Engineering Doctor?
- Research, Development and Innovation (R + D + I).
- Formulation, execution and monitoring of research projects.
- Technological development.
- Optimization of innovative and competitive processes.
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
*The tuition fee of the whole program depends on the number of academic credits enrolled by the student.
Academic credit fee is subject to annual increases determined by Universidad Ean and authorized by the Colombian Ministry of Education – MEN (by its initials in Spanish).
Degree granted by Universidad Ean: Process Engineering Doctor.
Degree granted by Universidad de Castilla – La Mancha: Doctor of Sciences and Technologies applied to Industrial Engineering or Doctor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering.
SNIES code: 102751, Res. nº. 11236 of the Colombian Ministry of Education - 08/26/13, effective until 08/26/20. City: Bogotá D.C., Cundinamarca, Colombia, South America.
You can get a double international doctoral degree from Universidad de Castilla - La Mancha, Spain. University Register No. 034 of the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Degree granted: Doctor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Code No. 5600990) or Doctor of Sciences and Technologies applied to Industrial Engineering (Code No. 5600184).
First Year 24 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Project Theory 3 credit hours
- Experiments Design 3 credit hours
- Research Methodology 6 credit hours
- Thesis Proposal 3 credit hours
- Systems Modeling and Simulation 3 credit hours
- Cross-Disciplinary Courses
- Strategic Thinking and Global Management 3 credit hours
- Initiative and Sustainable Entrepreneurship 3 credit hours
Second Year 26 credit hours
- Core Courses
- Statistical Modelling Application 3 credit hours
- Technologies and Innovation for Sustainable Development 3 credit hours
- Advanced Operations Research 3 credit hours
- Elective Courses
- Elective I 3 credit hours
- Elective II 3 credit hours
- Elective III 3 credit hours
- Advanced Seminar I 4 credit hours
- Advanced Seminar II 4 credit hours
Third Year 30 credit hours
- Degree Requirement Courses
- Dissertation I 10 credit hours
- Dissertation II 20 credit hours
Note: The program's opening is subject to a minimum number of students. Universidad Ean reserves the right to suspend or postpone the beginning of any program, depending on the response obtained from those interested in the call. Likewise, it reserves the right to make any change in the curriculum, methodological approach and faculty members.
The courses are going to be taught mostly in Spanish. Nevertheless, the academic activities may incorporate lectures and content in other languages. Therefore, it will be the student responsibility to achieve a whole understanding of them.